Greentree Animal Clinic
Caring for Your Pet in the South Hills of Pittsburgh
At Greentree Animal Clinic, we take pride in delivering personalized, compassionate care to our patients and their guardians in Scott Township and surrounding areas. Our team strives to provide a comfortable environment for our patients and clients. Whether two-legged or four, we want everyone to feel welcome as soon as they enter our veterinary clinic. Give us a call at 412-276-3311. We’d love to chat!
Your pet is an important part of your family, and when he or she is ill, you want the best medical care available. The veterinarians and staff at our clinic are ready to provide your pet with cutting-edge veterinary medical care.
What To Expect
When you arrive at our clinic, you can expect quality care for your pet. You will be greeted warmly as we check you in. We will do our best to make sure you are brought into an examination room as soon as we have one available.
The professional and courteous staff at Greentree Animal Clinic seeks to provide the best possible medical care, surgical care, and dental care for their highly-valued patients. We are committed to promoting responsible pet ownership, preventative health care, and health-related educational opportunities for our clients.
Your feedback means so much to us. Thank you for allowing us to care for your pets.
“They take amazing care of our pets. They have been great for last-minute appointments. Just call in the morning and they do their best to get you in. Staff is great from the front desk to the veterinarians!”
View our Clinic
Check out our practice to see where we treat your pet! Our clinic opened its doors in 1966 with Dr. Richard Thompson in a quaint little yellow house. Dr. Alan Mann took over in 1992 and in 2007 opened the doors to our larger facility on the same property. We invite you to take a tour and then contact us with your questions or request an appointment.
We are currently offering curbside service only and will not be allowing clients in the building. We are offering this in an effort to keep our staff, clients, and community safe and healthy. We are expecting some changes to our protocols in JUNE 2021.
Please read below for details on how we are working to help your pets and keep everyone safe. This is a constantly changing situation. Please check back here for updates on how we are currently operating.
*****Please use CAUTION and GO SLOWLY when entering the parking lot.*****
We are doing our best to accommodate appointment requests. This has been challenging given the extra time necessary to meet the current requirements for businesses operating during COVID-19. Please plan ahead and contact us well in advance to schedule annual exams and vaccinations. Our call and email volume have increased tremendously during this time. Please be patient and know we will respond as soon as possible. For any non-urgent matters, you may always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all appointments, procedures, medication, and food pick-ups:
- If you are coughing, have a fever, or have recentlytraveled to an area with a high number of COVID-19 cases, please make every effort to find a healthy person outside of your household to come to the clinic.
- We ask that you remain in your vehicle and call or check in HERE upon arrival at the clinic.
- Please wear a mask covering both your mouth and nose AT ALL TIMES when interacting with our staff.
- Even if you are sitting in your car and we are coming to the window of your car or even if we are talking on the porch outside, you need to wear a mask. We have to come within 6 feet to interact with you when we are outside to give you your pet, hand you medications, process payments, etc.
- OUR APPOINTMENT PROCEDURE HAS CHANGED. For scheduled appointments, a staff member will either come out to your car or will call you and ask you to meet them at a certain area on our porch.
- Please provide a written or typed history, including the reason for your pet’s visit, a cell phone number where you can be reached, and any requests you may have. You can use this medical history form as a guide.
- If we need to clarify the information, or if you are unable to provide a written or typed history, a technician will call you from within the clinic once your pet is in the exam room.
- We will continue to communicate with you by phone. Please have your phone charged, turn on the sound, and be ready to answer. Other tips include:
- Make sure our number isn’t blocked (that has happened).
- Make sure you haven’t accidentally activated “Do Not Disturb” (that is the moon icon, you won’t be able to receive anything incoming).
- For prescription medication and food pick-up, a staff member will be out shortly with your items.
PAYING YOUR BILL:
- We are able to bring a credit card reader outside to accept payment.
- In some situations, we may send you an email with a link to the online bill pay portal at the end of your appointment. Please pay your bill as soon as possible.
- If your pet received vaccinations, these will not update until your bill has been paid.
- You can print or download an updated vaccine certificate from this same portal.
- Link is also available here: Online Bill Pay. We must have a valid email on your account for this feature to work.
- If you are unable to pay your bill online, please call to make a payment over the phone or send a check.
For pets taking chronic medications, please keep a two week supply on hand as recommended by the AVMA:
- Our pharmacy hours are 8 AM – 4 PM from Monday to Friday. You may still pick up medications at any time during business hours, but we will only be processing medication requests from 8 AM – 4 PM (Monday through Friday). There are certain urgent situations where medications will need to be filled outside of these hours, and we will be happy to address these as needed.
- In most cases, we would be happy to supply a larger quantity of medication if requested (within reason).
- There are some medications that we stock in limited supply. We will alert you if the medication you request can only be refilled for 30 days.
- The most efficient way to request a refill is by emailing us at email@example.com with your pet’s name, the medication requested, the quantity requested, and your contact information.
- Please allow at least 48 hours for requests to be fulfilled.
- If you prefer DELIVERY TO YOUR HOME, we do have an online pharmacy option that is available: https://greentreevet.vetsfirstchoice.com
If you are picking up a prescription, please pull into the handicapped spot closest to the clinic and USE THIS LINK or call when you arrive. A staff member will contact you shortly. Please have your payment ready if you have not already paid over the phone.
Please be assured that we are doing all we can to maintain a clean environment:
- We have elevated our already diligent cleaning and sanitizing procedures – designating cleaning zones and reinforcing cleaning of frequently touched surfaces, including cabinet handles, countertops, workstations, and doorknobs (using our hospital-grade sanitizing solution).
- We have reinforced our strict hand-washing practices with our employees. While we appreciate the dedication of our hard-working employees, we have a process in place where any employee showing signs of sickness will stay home.
- We have increased the deployment and use of antibacterial hand sanitizers throughout the clinic.
REGARDING COVID-19 AND YOUR PETS:
We appreciate your understanding during these challenging times. Our protocols are in place to keep our staff, clients, and community safe. Contact us if you have questions or concerns; for any non-urgent requests, please email rather than call to help keep our phone lines open. General questions can go to firstname.lastname@example.org, and prescription requests can go to email@example.com.
Greentree Animal Clinic Management
Local Emergency Hospitals: https://greentreevet.com/pittsburgh-pa-helpful-veterinary-emergency-information/
Online Pet Health Resources: https://greentreevet.com/pittsburgh-pa-helpful-veterinary-links/
Allegheny County Health Department: https://www.alleghenycounty.us/Health-Department/Resources/COVID-19/COVID-19.aspx
Veterinary Partner: https://veterinarypartner.vin.com/default.aspx?pid=19239&id=9548687
Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association: https://www.pavma.org/general/custom.asp?page=COVID-19#VetProf
Pennsylvania Department of Health: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx