Greentree Animal Clinic
Caring for Your Pet in the South Hills of Pittsburgh
At Greentree Animal Clinic, we take pride in delivering personalized, compassionate care to our patients and their guardians in Scott Township and surrounding areas. Our team strives to provide a comfortable environment for our patients and clients. Whether two-legged or four, we want everyone to feel welcome as soon as they enter our veterinary clinic. Give us a call at 412-276-3311. We’d love to chat!
Your pet is an important part of your family, and when he or she is ill, you want the best medical care available. The veterinarians and staff at our clinic are ready to provide your pet with cutting-edge veterinary medical care.
What To Expect
When you arrive at our clinic, you can expect quality care for your pet. You will be greeted warmly as we check you in. We will do our best to make sure you are brought into an examination room as soon as we have one available.
The professional and courteous staff at Greentree Animal Clinic seeks to provide the best possible medical care, surgical care, and dental care for their highly-valued patients. We are committed to promoting responsible pet ownership, preventative health care, and health-related educational opportunities for our clients.
Your feedback means so much to us. Thank you for allowing us to care for your pets.
“They take amazing care of our pets. They have been great for last-minute appointments. Just call in the morning and they do their best to get you in. Staff is great from the front desk to the veterinarians!”
View our Clinic
Check out our practice to see where we treat your pet! Our clinic opened its doors in 1966 with Dr. Richard Thompson in a quaint little yellow house. Dr. Alan Mann took over in 1992 and in 2007 opened the doors to our larger facility on the same property. We invite you to take a tour and then contact us with your questions or request an appointment.
*****Please use CAUTION and GO SLOWLY when entering the parking lot.*****
We are doing our best to accommodate appointment requests. Please plan ahead and contact us well in advance to schedule annual exams and vaccinations. Our call and email volume have increased tremendously during this time. Please be patient and know we will respond as soon as possible. For any non-urgent matters, you may always email us at email@example.com.
For all appointments, procedures, medication, and food pick-ups:
At this time, we will be allowing 1 person per veterinary appointment to enter the building with their pet. You will check-in inside at the front desk upon arrival. If you prefer not to enter the building for your pet’s exam, you may remain in your vehicle, and we will examine your pet in the clinic and communicate over the phone. No children are permitted in the building at this time.
- When you arrive at the clinic, please come inside and check-in at the front desk.
- A Front Office Assistant will review your information and ask you to take a seat outside on the porch.
- A technician will be out shortly after to assist you.
- Please wear a mask covering both your mouth and nose AT ALL TIMES when interacting with staff.
- Please remember to social distance at all times.
- If you are coughing, have a fever, or have any other symptoms of COVID-19, please make every effort to find a healthy person to bring your pet to the clinic
- We will have hand sanitizer available for use throughout the clinic and in the exam rooms.
- We ask that you remain seated during your pet’s exam, and we will direct you to a check-out station at the front desk at the end of your appointment.
- We will continue to make changes to our protocols as conditions improve. Information on these changes will be emailed and posted on our website.
PAYING YOUR BILL:
- We will direct you to a check-out station at the front desk at the end of the appointment.
- Medication and food pick-ups will be checked out at the time of pick up.
- In some situations, we may send you an email with a link to the online bill pay portal at the end of your appointment. Please pay your bill as soon as possible.
- If your pet received vaccinations, these will not update until your bill has been paid.
- Our pharmacy hours are 8 AM – 4 PM from Monday to Friday. You may still pick up medications at any time during business hours, but we will only be processing medication requests from 8 AM – 4 PM (Monday through Friday). There are certain urgent situations where medications will need to be filled outside of these hours, and we will be happy to address these as needed.
- In most cases, we would be happy to supply a larger quantity of medication if requested (within reason).
- There are some medications that we stock in limited supply. We will alert you if the medication you request can only be refilled for 30 days.
- The most efficient way to request a refill is by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your pet’s name, the medication requested, the quantity requested, and your contact information.
- Please allow at least 48 hours for requests to be fulfilled.
- If you prefer DELIVERY TO YOUR HOME, we do have an online pharmacy option that is available
Please be assured that we are doing all we can to maintain a clean environment:
- We have elevated our already diligent cleaning and sanitizing procedures – designating cleaning zones and reinforcing cleaning of frequently touched surfaces, including cabinet handles, countertops, workstations, and doorknobs (using our hospital-grade sanitizing solution).
- We have reinforced our strict hand-washing practices with our employees. While we appreciate the dedication of our hard-working employees, we have a process in place where any employee showing signs of sickness will stay home.
- We have increased the deployment and use of antibacterial hand sanitizers throughout the clinic.
COVID-19 AND YOUR PETS:
Please visit the AMVA’s page on COVID-19 in Animals and the CDC for the most up-to-date information on this topic.
We appreciate your understanding during these challenging times. Our protocols are in place to keep our staff, clients, and community safe. Contact us if you have questions or concerns; for any non-urgent requests, please email rather than call to help keep our phone lines open. General questions can go to email@example.com, and prescription requests can go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greentree Animal Clinic Management
Local Emergency Hospitals: https://greentreevet.com/pittsburgh-pa-helpful-veterinary-emergency-information/
Online Pet Health Resources: https://greentreevet.com/pittsburgh-pa-helpful-veterinary-links/
Allegheny County Health Department: https://www.alleghenycounty.us/Health-Department/Resources/COVID-19/COVID-19.aspx
Veterinary Partner: https://veterinarypartner.vin.com/default.aspx?pid=19239&id=9548687
Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association: https://www.pavma.org/general/custom.asp?page=COVID-19#VetProf
Pennsylvania Department of Health: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx